Ternopil

Ternopil Town Hall

Description

  • It was destroyed in 1944.
  • Now on the site of the town hall there is a monument to A. Pushkin.
  • The building of the Ternopil Town Hall was erected specially for the meetings of the magistrate of Ternopil.

Ternopil City Hall - an administrative building. Ternopil city hall was built in the middle of the nineteenth century and lasted until 1944 until it was destroyed. In 1872 the Town Hall was rebuilt specially for meetings of the Magistrate of Ternopil. Now in its place is a monument to A. Pushkin.

Ternopil City Hall - an administrative building. Ternopil city hall was built in the middle of the nineteenth century and lasted until 1944 until it was destroyed. In 1872 the Town Hall was rebuilt specially for meetings of the Magistrate of Ternopil. Now in its place is a monument to A. Pushkin.

How to get there?

HISTORY

  • The history of the construction begins in 1809.
  • According to archival documents, it is known that it was demolished specially to build a building for the magistrate of Ternopil.
  • The new Town Hall building was built on September 1, 1872.
  • The town hall was destroyed during the Second World War.
  • At the moment, attempts are being made to restore the building of the Ternopil Town Hall.

The history of the construction begins in 1809, when the so-called "Old Town Hall" was built. According to archival documents, it is known that it was demolished specially to build a building for the magistrate of Ternopil. Unfortunately, archival images of the old building did not survive.

The new Town Hall building was built on September 1, 1872, this date is the final delivery of the Town Hall in operation. In 1884, the tower building was added to the Town Hall building, which was used as an observation platform for firefighters. But after in 1908 they built the Ternopil parafilic church, the fire station was moved to its tower.

The town hall was destroyed during the Second World War.

At the moment, attempts are being made to restore the building of the Ternopil Town Hall.

The history of the construction begins in 1809, when the so-called "Old Town Hall" was built. According to archival documents, it is known that it was demolished specially to build a building for the magistrate of Ternopil. Unfortunately, archival images of the old building did not survive.

The new Town Hall building was built on September 1, 1872, this date is the final delivery of the Town Hall in operation. In 1884, the tower building was added to the Town Hall building, which was used as an observation platform for firefighters. But after in 1908 they built the Ternopil parafilic church, the fire station was moved to its tower.

The town hall was destroyed during the Second World War.

At the moment, attempts are being made to restore the building of the Ternopil Town Hall.

INTERESTING FACTS

  • According to historical information, Ivan Franko visited the Town Hall building during his visit to Ternopil in 1897.
  • During the First World War, in the attic of the Town Hall, the collection of the Podolsky Museum, from the Russian occupation forces, was hidden.
  • In 1918, the premises of the Town Hall were negotiated between the newly formed government ZUNR and the Polish authorities.
  • On November 1, 1918, public activists and active participants in the movement for Ukrainian independence posted a yellow and blue banner on the tower of the building.
  • In 2016, a proposal was made to restore the Town Hall building.
  • According to historical information, Ivan Franko visited the Town Hall building during his visit to Ternopil in 1897.
  • During the First World War, in the attic of the Town Hall, the collection of the Podolsky Museum, from the Russian occupation forces, was hidden.
  • In 1918, the premises of the Town Hall were negotiated between the newly formed government ZUNR and the Polish authorities.
  • On November 1, 1918, public activists and active participants in the movement for Ukrainian independence posted a yellow and blue banner on the tower of the building.
  • In 2016, a proposal was made to restore the Town Hall building.