Zaporizhzhia

Old Aleksandrovsk

Description

  • The historical center of Zaporizhzhia.
  • It has been preserved until now inside the industrial giant city and consists of buildings that have the status of architectural monuments of the 19th century, parks, squares, museums, theaters and a number of historical buildings that used to be tenement houses.
  • Modern streets of the old city, built in the late nineteenth and early twentieth century.
  • Asphalt came to replace the pavement, gas lights were replaced by electric ones, somewhere modern buildings burst into the rows of old houses.

Modern streets of the old city, built in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, underwent changes in the course of development and restructuring of the city. Asphalt came to replace the pavement, gas lights were replaced by electric ones, somewhere modern buildings burst into the rows of old houses. The main objects of Old Aleksandrovsk, which have preserved their majestic history, include the following objects:

- The building of the Zaporizhia Regional Museum of Regional Studies (1913);

- Profitable houses of Yakov Leschinsky, Alexander Minaev, Ivan Kurzhupov, Alexey Lanshin and Moses Belenky;

- The old hospital Bair, Zemsky hospital and pharmacy Richter;

- Former hotels "Russia", "Grand Hotel", "Big Moscow Hotel" and the People's House;

- Buildings of the Aleksandrovsky male and female gymnasium, the house of the mechanical engineering school and the former Gogolevsky parish school;

- The synagogue "tailors", the Central Choral Synagogue and the home of the Jewish school "Talmud Torah";

- Houses of Badovsky, Hazan, Zakharyin merchants and Bechter’s mansion;

- First city power station.

Modern streets of the old city, built in the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries, underwent changes in the course of development and restructuring of the city. Asphalt came to replace the pavement, gas lights were replaced by electric ones, somewhere modern buildings burst into the rows of old houses. The main objects of Old Aleksandrovsk, which have preserved their majestic history, include the following objects:

- The building of the Zaporizhia Regional Museum of Regional Studies (1913);

- Profitable houses of Yakov Leschinsky, Alexander Minaev, Ivan Kurzhupov, Alexey Lanshin and Moses Belenky;

- The old hospital Bair, Zemsky hospital and pharmacy Richter;

- Former hotels "Russia", "Grand Hotel", "Big Moscow Hotel" and the People's House;

- Buildings of the Aleksandrovsky male and female gymnasium, the house of the mechanical engineering school and the former Gogolevsky parish school;

- The synagogue "tailors", the Central Choral Synagogue and the home of the Jewish school "Talmud Torah";

- Houses of Badovsky, Hazan, Zakharyin merchants and Bechter’s mansion;

- First city power station.

How to get there?

By bus №17,18,59 or by tram №1,3,16, following the Cathedral Avenue or parallel to the avenue from the Central Station and the Bus Station to the stop "Bazarnaya".

And also nearby

HISTORY

  • In the place of modern Aleksandrovsk in the 18th century, a whole complex of Cossack wintering men and apiaries arose, subordinate to the Army of Zaporozhye Nizov.
  • In 1785, the Alexander Fortress and its suburbs became first settlements, and in 1806.
  • Aleksandrovsk received the status of the county town.
  • The development of the city contributed to the construction in the 1870s. the railway linking Aleksandrovsk with Moscow and the Crimea.
  • Four times a year the city held fairs, 440 stores and shops, 3 banks.
  • At the end of the XIX century. 63.6 thousand people lived in Aleksandrovsk, there were 7 squares, 95 streets, 8500 residential buildings.
  • In 1893 a water supply system was built, in 1910 a power station was built.

In the place of modern Aleksandrovsk in the 18th century, a whole complex of Cossack wintering men and apiaries arose, subordinate to the Army of Zaporozhye Nizov. With the advancement of the Russian Empire to the south, the Cossack social tradition is destroyed and changed to the Russian military one.

In 1785, the Alexander Fortress and suburbs became first settlements, and in 1806, Aleksandrovsk received the status of a county town. In the second half of the XIX century. large industrial enterprises appeared here, such as the Kopp agricultural equipment factory, the J. Badovsky agricultural engineering factory, the Lepp and Valman agricultural equipment factory (now AvtoZAZ). Aleksandrovsk gradually became one of the centers of agricultural engineering in Ukraine. The development of the city contributed to the construction in the 1870s. the railway linking Aleksandrovsk with Moscow and the Crimea.

Four times a year the city held fairs, 440 stores and shops, 3 banks. At the end of the XIX century. 63.6 thousand people lived in Aleksandrovsk, there were 7 squares, 95 streets, 8500 residential buildings. In 1893 a water supply system was built, in 1910 a power station was built. In the city at the beginning of the twentieth century there were 6 secondary schools, 33 primary schools, 2 schools, the People’s House, 3 cinemas, 2 city libraries, 4 theaters, 2 city gardens and a square, most of the buildings that have survived to this day are architectural monuments and the stories that make up the majestic Old Aleksandrovsk in the heart of the city of Zaporozhye.

In the place of modern Aleksandrovsk in the 18th century, a whole complex of Cossack wintering men and apiaries arose, subordinate to the Army of Zaporozhye Nizov. With the advancement of the Russian Empire to the south, the Cossack social tradition is destroyed and changed to the Russian military one.

In 1785, the Alexander Fortress and suburbs became first settlements, and in 1806, Aleksandrovsk received the status of a county town. In the second half of the XIX century. large industrial enterprises appeared here, such as the Kopp agricultural equipment factory, the J. Badovsky agricultural engineering factory, the Lepp and Valman agricultural equipment factory (now AvtoZAZ). Aleksandrovsk gradually became one of the centers of agricultural engineering in Ukraine. The development of the city contributed to the construction in the 1870s. the railway linking Aleksandrovsk with Moscow and the Crimea.

Four times a year the city held fairs, 440 stores and shops, 3 banks. At the end of the XIX century. 63.6 thousand people lived in Aleksandrovsk, there were 7 squares, 95 streets, 8500 residential buildings. In 1893 a water supply system was built, in 1910 a power station was built. In the city at the beginning of the twentieth century there were 6 secondary schools, 33 primary schools, 2 schools, the People’s House, 3 cinemas, 2 city libraries, 4 theaters, 2 city gardens and a square, most of the buildings that have survived to this day are architectural monuments and the stories that make up the majestic Old Aleksandrovsk in the heart of the city of Zaporozhye.

INTERESTING FACTS

  • In the building, which in 1921 hold (housed) the Zemstvo Council and the first city council, the headquarters of the Southern Front, the regional party committee, and the executive committee of the regional council, the Zaporizhzhia Regional Museum of Local Lore is located now.
  • Next to the historic district is the Mennonite settlement of Schönwiese with a deep unique history: “dragon houses”, mills and factories that are heralds of the industrial era.
  • Much attention was paid to Alexandrovsk quality education, so at home, which in the early twentieth century. there were educational institutions that did not substantially change their destination at the beginning of the 21st century. So, I and III buildings of Zaporizhzhya National University are located in the buildings of the male and female gymnasiums of Aleksandrovsk. And the main building of the National Technical University is located in the house of the Aleksandrovsky Mechanical-Technical School.
  • On the contrary, compressed from four sides by the streets, is the first Alexander Garden, in which the children's puppet theater has found its place today.
  • The main thoroughfare of Aleksandrovsk, as today, was Sobornaya Street (now the avenue). It, as today, housed Holy Protection Cathedral, the city theater, shopping malls and banks.
  • In the building, which in 1921 hold (housed) the Zemstvo Council and the first city council, the headquarters of the Southern Front, the regional party committee, and the executive committee of the regional council, the Zaporizhzhia Regional Museum of Local Lore is located now.
  • Next to the historic district is the Mennonite settlement of Schönwiese with a deep unique history: “dragon houses”, mills and factories that are heralds of the industrial era.
  • Much attention was paid to Alexandrovsk quality education, so at home, which in the early twentieth century. there were educational institutions that did not substantially change their destination at the beginning of the 21st century. So, I and III buildings of Zaporizhzhya National University are located in the buildings of the male and female gymnasiums of Aleksandrovsk. And the main building of the National Technical University is located in the house of the Aleksandrovsky Mechanical-Technical School.
  • On the contrary, compressed from four sides by the streets, is the first Alexander Garden, in which the children's puppet theater has found its place today.
  • The main thoroughfare of Aleksandrovsk, as today, was Sobornaya Street (now the avenue). It, as today, housed Holy Protection Cathedral, the city theater, shopping malls and banks.