Kharkiv

Pokrovsky Square

Description

  • Square was named after the naming of the central temple complex of church buildings - Pokrovsky Square

Near founded in 1726. Monastery is a small square, named after the naming of the central temple complex of church buildings - Pokrovsky Square.

Near founded in 1726. Monastery is a small square, named after the naming of the central temple complex of church buildings - Pokrovsky Square.

How to get there?

In the immediate vicinity of the park is located, "Historical Museum" metro station and "Constitution Square". At the stop "Constitution Square" can be reached using the taxi number 78, 88, 89, 118, 217, 218, 219, 241, 249, 269, 272. Within walking distance are the bus stop "Pletenёvsky Lane" and "Lane Korolenko".

And also nearby

HISTORY

  • This territory located Kharkiv Collegium, the most famous of which was the Tutor Skovoroda
  • After the demolition of damaged buildings on the site of the Collegium was located shopping arcade, which lasted until World War II
  • In the 2000s, the square was restarted, there was a cleansing of fountains that earned in the summer, has been updated lighting and landscape architecture (benches, bins, etc.)

Since the foundation of Kharkov, the place where the square is now located was first built up with wooden, and later with stone buildings.

On this territory was located the Kharkov College, the most famous teacher of which was Grigory Skovoroda. After the demolition of the emergency building at the site of the collegium was located Shopping Passage, which existed until the Second World War. The restoration of the post-war destruction took place for many years, but not all buildings were restored: it happened with the Shopping Passage, which they did not begin to restore. A square was planted in its place and a cascade of fountains was built. In the 2000s, the square was resumed, the fountains that worked during the summer were cleaned up, the lighting and landscape gardening (benches, urns, etc.) were updated.

Since the foundation of Kharkov, the place where the square is now located was first built up with wooden, and later with stone buildings.

On this territory was located the Kharkov College, the most famous teacher of which was Grigory Skovoroda. After the demolition of the emergency building at the site of the collegium was located Shopping Passage, which existed until the Second World War. The restoration of the post-war destruction took place for many years, but not all buildings were restored: it happened with the Shopping Passage, which they did not begin to restore. A square was planted in its place and a cascade of fountains was built. In the 2000s, the square was resumed, the fountains that worked during the summer were cleaned up, the lighting and landscape gardening (benches, urns, etc.) were updated.

INTERESTING FACTS

  • In place of the former location of the building of the Kharkiv Collegium is now set to one of two Kharkov monument to the poet and philosopher Gregory pan.
  • This park is also known as the Square artists, because every weekend
  • In place of the former location of the building of the Kharkiv Collegium is now set to one of two Kharkov monument to the poet and philosopher Gregory pan.
  • This park is also known as the Square artists, because every weekend