Kherson

House Pisarenko

Description

  • The building is designed in the Art Nouveau style.

The building is designed in the Art Nouveau style. The composition of the facade is central, at the head of which an arch looms. Which was not always a blank wall, but attracted the main attention with a huge stained glass window on it. Stairs leading to the two front doors diverge on both sides. And in the complex with the main building, an open colonnade stands next to the courtyard.

The building is designed in the Art Nouveau style. The composition of the facade is central, at the head of which an arch looms. Which was not always a blank wall, but attracted the main attention with a huge stained glass window on it. Stairs leading to the two front doors diverge on both sides. And in the complex with the main building, an open colonnade stands next to the courtyard.

How to get there?

And also nearby

HISTORY

  • In 1999, a fire occurred. As a result, the roof, the stage, all the utility rooms burned down, and only the auditorium could survive, as the Kherson-Karyer newspaper reported in those days.

The name refers to the very beginning of the story - when Samuil Markovich Pisarenko bought the land in the area of the central Privoz market. He took up the construction of two buildings - a multi-story apartment building with a view of Pokrovsky Square and the Theater of Miniatures, which we are talking about in this case. At first it was a small theater with a cozy chamber hall, where Jewish performers first toured.

Since 1944, the function has changed and the building became known as the Regional Philharmonic Hall, which gathered from all over the country. But her activities tragically ended when a fire broke out in 1999. As a result, the roof, the stage, all the utility rooms burned down, and only the auditorium could survive, as the Kherson-career newspaper reported in those days.

The name refers to the very beginning of the story - when Samuil Markovich Pisarenko bought the land in the area of the central Privoz market. He took up the construction of two buildings - a multi-story apartment building with a view of Pokrovsky Square and the Theater of Miniatures, which we are talking about in this case. At first it was a small theater with a cozy chamber hall, where Jewish performers first toured.

Since 1944, the function has changed and the building became known as the Regional Philharmonic Hall, which gathered from all over the country. But her activities tragically ended when a fire broke out in 1999. As a result, the roof, the stage, all the utility rooms burned down, and only the auditorium could survive, as the Kherson-career newspaper reported in those days.