Mariupol

Eastern and Western houses with a spire

Description

  • At the intersection of two streets - Kuindzhi and Prospect Mira - there are two houses - 35 and 48. Usually they are remembered together as East and West houses with a spire.

At the intersection of two streets - Kuindzhi and Prospect Mira - there are two houses - 35 and 48. Usually they are remembered together as East and West houses with a spire. But at the same time they are separated by the carriageway of Artyom Street, sidewalks, several poplars and chestnut. They stand out, as the name implies, a spire. And besides it, another detail - curly portals with a colonnade, something resembling Greek. Below - seven floors with arches, psevdobalkonami and heavy stucco. Different colors - one brown, the other - white.

At the intersection of two streets - Kuindzhi and Prospect Mira - there are two houses - 35 and 48. Usually they are remembered together as East and West houses with a spire. But at the same time they are separated by the carriageway of Artyom Street, sidewalks, several poplars and chestnut. They stand out, as the name implies, a spire. And besides it, another detail - curly portals with a colonnade, something resembling Greek. Below - seven floors with arches, psevdobalkonami and heavy stucco. Different colors - one brown, the other - white.

How to get there?

And also nearby

HISTORY

  • The houses were built in 1953 under the direction of the Kiev architect L. Yanovitsky, who then worked in the Kharkov “Gorstroyproekt”.
  • At one time, the houses were one of the highest in the central part of Mariupol, until the dome of the Church of the Intercession of the Mother of God was installed next to them, taking over this status.
  • In 1997, only the western building was restored.
  • And the eastern building has not been repaired since 1971.

The houses were built in 1953 under the direction of the Kiev architect L. Yanovitsky, who then worked in the Kharkov “Gorstroyproekt”.

At one time, the houses were one of the highest in the central part of Mariupol, until the dome of the Church of the Intercession of the Mother of God was installed next to them, taking over this status. By the end of the 1990s the condition of the houses has deteriorated. And then for the first time raised the question of their restoration. It turned out that the eastern house is on the balance of the city, and the western - one of the enterprises. As a result, in 1997 only the western building was restored. In 2000, it was leased by a business group that continued the business: cleared, strengthened the building and painted white.

And the eastern building has not been repaired since 1971. He remained in the form in which he was from the very beginning: with a brick color and a “Soviet” design. By the beginning of the 2010s, when the situation was already critical, it was decided to start repairs in it.

The houses were built in 1953 under the direction of the Kiev architect L. Yanovitsky, who then worked in the Kharkov “Gorstroyproekt”.

At one time, the houses were one of the highest in the central part of Mariupol, until the dome of the Church of the Intercession of the Mother of God was installed next to them, taking over this status. By the end of the 1990s the condition of the houses has deteriorated. And then for the first time raised the question of their restoration. It turned out that the eastern house is on the balance of the city, and the western - one of the enterprises. As a result, in 1997 only the western building was restored. In 2000, it was leased by a business group that continued the business: cleared, strengthened the building and painted white.

And the eastern building has not been repaired since 1971. He remained in the form in which he was from the very beginning: with a brick color and a “Soviet” design. By the beginning of the 2010s, when the situation was already critical, it was decided to start repairs in it.