Zaporizhzhia

Socialist place

Description

  • The area of the city with a residential array was built in 30-50 years. Twentieth century.
  • A unique open-air museum.
  • Here is a compact set of a number of architectural monuments - prominent representatives of constructivism, Art Deco and neo-classicism.
  • The brightest objects include the pearl and the heart of industrial Zaporozhye - Dneproges.

Sotsgorod is a residential area, built in the 1930s of the last century on the territory of the modern city of Zaporozhye. The brightest objects include the pearl and the heart of industrial Zaporozhye - the Dnieper hydroelectric station, around which the miracle of town planning was developed. The socialist city with a huge scope and pomp is a majestic building of the rare now examples of constructivism of the 20s and 30s and luxurious examples of the post-war Stalin empire. Sotsgorod is a combination of a number of unique architectural monuments that have concentrated on a small area. Attractions socialist are:

- The tower on the building of the coke plant - a 47-meter tower with a spire, a tent and stucco - one of the works
architect Kozliner, built in 1951 by order of Zaporizhia Coke Chemical Plant;

- Lavrov’s houses - two very similar buildings (the so-called “Lavrov’s house inserts”), built in 1936, in the architecture of the house-inserts innovative constructivism intertwined (for example, a flat facade and round windows) and classical architectural elements of the Ancient East ;

- The outpatient town is a real masterpiece of constructivism, which consists of: polyclinics, dispensary and pharmacy (now the complex belongs to the 3rd city hospital), all buildings are lined with Armenian tuff - a stone of rough texture of dark pink color. The same slabs lined the building of the machine room and the management of the Dnieper power plant - a symbol of Zaporozhye;

- Kozliner's Tower - a 7-storey tower-house, built in 1949 also by the design of the architect Kozliner;
- The round house - is a special highlight of the Sotsgorod, is a building in the form of an open circle or

the letters "C";

- House-communes - located along Metallurgov Avenue, consist of four buildings that are a reflection of the architectural and social phenomenon and embody the proletarian idea of "public life", became a manifestation of the Soviet avant-garde performed by architect Olga Yafa. The last buildings of this row are treated with Armenian tuff, the central ones are plastered and painted white for contrast.

- The monument to Nikolai Rybnikov - is a composition of lava, a lantern and a sculpture of the famous Soviet-era steelmaker Sasha Savchenko from the film “Spring on Zarechnaya street”, played by Nikolai Rybnikov;

- Monument industrial Zaporozhye - metal spire, decorated with fragments of metals, samples of products Zaporozhye metallurgical plants;

- Concert hall to them. Glinka - an integral part of the Sotsgorod, one of its magnificent buildings. The monumental four-storey building for public events with access to three sides covers an area of 0.8 hectares and, with its central facade, opens onto the main transport artery of the city. The longitudinal facades under the complexly shaped roof are decorated with six columns in the style of the Stalin Empire style.

Sotsgorod is a residential area, built in the 1930s of the last century on the territory of the modern city of Zaporozhye. The brightest objects include the pearl and the heart of industrial Zaporozhye - the Dnieper hydroelectric station, around which the miracle of town planning was developed. The socialist city with a huge scope and pomp is a majestic building of the rare now examples of constructivism of the 20s and 30s and luxurious examples of the post-war Stalin empire. Sotsgorod is a combination of a number of unique architectural monuments that have concentrated on a small area. Attractions socialist are:

- The tower on the building of the coke plant - a 47-meter tower with a spire, a tent and stucco - one of the works
architect Kozliner, built in 1951 by order of Zaporizhia Coke Chemical Plant;

- Lavrov’s houses - two very similar buildings (the so-called “Lavrov’s house inserts”), built in 1936, in the architecture of the house-inserts innovative constructivism intertwined (for example, a flat facade and round windows) and classical architectural elements of the Ancient East ;

- The outpatient town is a real masterpiece of constructivism, which consists of: polyclinics, dispensary and pharmacy (now the complex belongs to the 3rd city hospital), all buildings are lined with Armenian tuff - a stone of rough texture of dark pink color. The same slabs lined the building of the machine room and the management of the Dnieper power plant - a symbol of Zaporozhye;

- Kozliner's Tower - a 7-storey tower-house, built in 1949 also by the design of the architect Kozliner;
- The round house - is a special highlight of the Sotsgorod, is a building in the form of an open circle or

the letters "C";

- House-communes - located along Metallurgov Avenue, consist of four buildings that are a reflection of the architectural and social phenomenon and embody the proletarian idea of "public life", became a manifestation of the Soviet avant-garde performed by architect Olga Yafa. The last buildings of this row are treated with Armenian tuff, the central ones are plastered and painted white for contrast.

- The monument to Nikolai Rybnikov - is a composition of lava, a lantern and a sculpture of the famous Soviet-era steelmaker Sasha Savchenko from the film “Spring on Zarechnaya street”, played by Nikolai Rybnikov;

- Monument industrial Zaporozhye - metal spire, decorated with fragments of metals, samples of products Zaporozhye metallurgical plants;

- Concert hall to them. Glinka - an integral part of the Sotsgorod, one of its magnificent buildings. The monumental four-storey building for public events with access to three sides covers an area of 0.8 hectares and, with its central facade, opens onto the main transport artery of the city. The longitudinal facades under the complexly shaped roof are decorated with six columns in the style of the Stalin Empire style.

How to get there?

By public transport to the stop "etc. Metallurgists

And also nearby

HISTORY

  • Along with the newly-built Dnieproges in 1928, work began on an "ideal socialist city."
  • It was an experimental architectural project.
  • Architects Viktor Vesnin, Georgy Orlov, Nikolai Colli, Vitaly Lavrov took part in its development.
  • They had a goal to build a "city of the future", "garden city".
  • Special attention was paid to creating comfortable public spaces between the houses: the courtyards were equipped with children's
    platforms, pop, fountains.

Along with the newly built Dnieproges in 1928, work began on an "ideal socialist city", which was an experimental architectural project located in the Dnieper district of Zaporozhye (from the dam to Verkhnyaya Street). Architects Viktor Vesnin, Georgy Orlov, Nikolai Colli, Vitaly Lavrov took part in its development. They had a goal to build a "city of the future", "garden city". Special attention was paid to creating comfortable public spaces between the houses: the courtyards were equipped with playgrounds, showers, and fountains.

When designing, ideas of Soviet avant-garde were used. At first houses were erected in the style of strict and practical constructivism, the peak of which was the Round House. But later the style gradually grew into the Stalinist Empire. The hallmark of Sotsgorod are two towers on modern Prospect Cathedral.

Sotsgorod was built simultaneously with the Dnieper and Zaporizhia metallurgical complex. The construction was completed in 3 years, from 1929 to 1932 Sotsgorod was almost completely destroyed during World War II: in 1945 only 6 livable houses remained. After the war, it was rebuilt almost from scratch.

Along with the newly built Dnieproges in 1928, work began on an "ideal socialist city", which was an experimental architectural project located in the Dnieper district of Zaporozhye (from the dam to Verkhnyaya Street). Architects Viktor Vesnin, Georgy Orlov, Nikolai Colli, Vitaly Lavrov took part in its development. They had a goal to build a "city of the future", "garden city". Special attention was paid to creating comfortable public spaces between the houses: the courtyards were equipped with playgrounds, showers, and fountains.

When designing, ideas of Soviet avant-garde were used. At first houses were erected in the style of strict and practical constructivism, the peak of which was the Round House. But later the style gradually grew into the Stalinist Empire. The hallmark of Sotsgorod are two towers on modern Prospect Cathedral.

Sotsgorod was built simultaneously with the Dnieper and Zaporizhia metallurgical complex. The construction was completed in 3 years, from 1929 to 1932 Sotsgorod was almost completely destroyed during World War II: in 1945 only 6 livable houses remained. After the war, it was rebuilt almost from scratch.

INTERESTING FACTS

  • The diameter of the yard of the Round House is 150 meters.
  • It is framed by two unusual twin houses, their walls are decorated with round holes and, as it were, “copied” from the ancient Roman tomb of Evrisak.
  • The original form of the building in the form of a huge letter “C” is often explained by the Cossacks with fiction - they say, this is the first letter of the huge word “Stalin” that they planned to write with houses. The houses of Lavrov were built using the achievements of the past, namely the ideas of the Ancient East - the arches-entrances to the courtyards resemble the gates of Assyrian cities.
  • The diameter of the yard of the Round House is 150 meters.
  • It is framed by two unusual twin houses, their walls are decorated with round holes and, as it were, “copied” from the ancient Roman tomb of Evrisak.
  • The original form of the building in the form of a huge letter “C” is often explained by the Cossacks with fiction - they say, this is the first letter of the huge word “Stalin” that they planned to write with houses. The houses of Lavrov were built using the achievements of the past, namely the ideas of the Ancient East - the arches-entrances to the courtyards resemble the gates of Assyrian cities.