Dnipro

The building in Vladimir Vernadsky Street, 27

Description

  • The history of the house begins in the late 1890's.
  • The owner of the house Ya.A.Vilchur, belonged to the Lutheran community of the city, settled in Yekaterinoslav in the 1890s.
  • Three-storey house on a high ground floor was originally designed for six large apartments.

The history of the house begins at the end of the 1890's, when the merchant of the 2nd guild, Jacob Vilchur, bought the part of her estate on Novodvoryanska Street in the nobility Anastasia Kharchenko.

The project of a profitable home was commissioned by the outstanding Petersburg architect V.O. Shreeter At the moment, we have no detailed information about the development of this project, except for the mention of its development in the late 1890's. The owner of the house Ya.O.Vilkhur, who belonged to the Lutheran community of the city, settled in Ekaterinoslav in the 1890's at the height of the "Iron Fever." It is possible that he came from St. Petersburg and had business or family ties that allowed him to order a project at home.

The three-story house on a high basement floor was originally designed for six large apartments. The decision of the main façade with thoroughly thought-out volumes and high-quality detailing makes it one of the most exquisite monuments of the eclectic architecture in the Dnipro River.Despite the destruction of the bath, which completed the central part of the facade (1960s), and the original windows and doors joinery (1970-2000).

The history of the house begins at the end of the 1890's, when the merchant of the 2nd guild, Jacob Vilchur, bought the part of her estate on Novodvoryanska Street in the nobility Anastasia Kharchenko.

The project of a profitable home was commissioned by the outstanding Petersburg architect V.O. Shreeter At the moment, we have no detailed information about the development of this project, except for the mention of its development in the late 1890's. The owner of the house Ya.O.Vilkhur, who belonged to the Lutheran community of the city, settled in Ekaterinoslav in the 1890's at the height of the "Iron Fever." It is possible that he came from St. Petersburg and had business or family ties that allowed him to order a project at home.

The three-story house on a high basement floor was originally designed for six large apartments. The decision of the main façade with thoroughly thought-out volumes and high-quality detailing makes it one of the most exquisite monuments of the eclectic architecture in the Dnipro River.Despite the destruction of the bath, which completed the central part of the facade (1960s), and the original windows and doors joinery (1970-2000).

How to get there?

And also nearby

HISTORY

  • From the very construction of the house and until 1918 (1919). In it lived the landlord Ya.A. Vilchur.
  • From 1904 to .. By 1918. In the house lived trusted (by 1917. - Director) Ekaterinoslav Branch of the St. Petersburg International Commercial Bank Vladimir Vasilyevich Ash.
  • In 1900 - 1918 years. On the third floor of the house was the apartment of the engineer-technologist Jacob Levenson.Since the second half of the 1900's.
  • (Since its inception) until the 1920s.The office of the Ekaterinoslavsky postal and telegraph district operated in the house.

No exact information on the time of construction of the house was found.The earliest evidence of its existence is the information from 1901 on the residence of Vilkhur's house on Novodvoryanska Street of the Director of the Commercial School Antin Stepanovich Sinyavsky. AS Sinyavsky lived in the house until 1904. In 1902-1904, when the process of creating the Regional Museum named after them was in progress. OHM. Fields in the apartment of A.S. Sinyavsky often stopped Dmitry Ivanovich Yavornytsky.

From the very construction of the house and until 1918 (1919) in it also lived a homeowner Ya.O. Bullshit
From 1904 to 1918, the house was home to a trustee (in 1917 - director) of the Yekaterinoslavsky branch of the St. Petersburg International Commercial Bank Volodymyr Vasilievich Esh. At the end of 1916 V.V.Ash took control of the Museum of the "Great War" created in the city and the meeting of the museum committee took place in his apartment.

In 1900 - 1918 on the third floor of the building there was an apartment of engineer-technologist Jacob Levenson. The apartment was completely renovated for placing its collection of oriental antiquities. In 1918 this collection replenished the collection of the Historical Museum. The balances of the apartments in the Eastern style were destroyed during repairs in 1997.

From the second half of the 1900's (from the time of creation) to the 1920's, the Office of the Yekaterinoslav Postal and Telegraph district operated in the building. There was also the apartment of the managing district. Under the placement of the office was specially converted premises on the ground floor, which has a separate entrance.
Regarding tenants of the house in the 1920's and 1930's, no detailed information was found. It is likely that in 1919, after the street was actually occupied by the local Emergency Commission, it was used for the apartment of the functionaries of the Cheka - GPU - NKVD.

In the second half of the 1940s - early 1950's, the administration of the building, the admission committee and, possibly, some of the departments of the Agricultural Institute worked in the building for some time. Since the early 1960's on the first floor of the house there is a chess club.

No exact information on the time of construction of the house was found.The earliest evidence of its existence is the information from 1901 on the residence of Vilkhur's house on Novodvoryanska Street of the Director of the Commercial School Antin Stepanovich Sinyavsky. AS Sinyavsky lived in the house until 1904. In 1902-1904, when the process of creating the Regional Museum named after them was in progress. OHM. Fields in the apartment of A.S. Sinyavsky often stopped Dmitry Ivanovich Yavornytsky.

From the very construction of the house and until 1918 (1919) in it also lived a homeowner Ya.O. Bullshit
From 1904 to 1918, the house was home to a trustee (in 1917 - director) of the Yekaterinoslavsky branch of the St. Petersburg International Commercial Bank Volodymyr Vasilievich Esh. At the end of 1916 V.V.Ash took control of the Museum of the "Great War" created in the city and the meeting of the museum committee took place in his apartment.

In 1900 - 1918 on the third floor of the building there was an apartment of engineer-technologist Jacob Levenson. The apartment was completely renovated for placing its collection of oriental antiquities. In 1918 this collection replenished the collection of the Historical Museum. The balances of the apartments in the Eastern style were destroyed during repairs in 1997.

From the second half of the 1900's (from the time of creation) to the 1920's, the Office of the Yekaterinoslav Postal and Telegraph district operated in the building. There was also the apartment of the managing district. Under the placement of the office was specially converted premises on the ground floor, which has a separate entrance.
Regarding tenants of the house in the 1920's and 1930's, no detailed information was found. It is likely that in 1919, after the street was actually occupied by the local Emergency Commission, it was used for the apartment of the functionaries of the Cheka - GPU - NKVD.

In the second half of the 1940s - early 1950's, the administration of the building, the admission committee and, possibly, some of the departments of the Agricultural Institute worked in the building for some time. Since the early 1960's on the first floor of the house there is a chess club.

INTERESTING FACTS

  • No precise information on the time of building the house was found.
  • The remains of the interiors of the apartment in the eastern style were destroyed during the repair work in 1997.
  • In the second half of 1940 - early 1950's. The rector's office, the admission committee and, possibly, part of the departments of the agricultural institute worked for a while in the house.
  • No precise information on the time of building the house was found.
  • The remains of the interiors of the apartment in the eastern style were destroyed during the repair work in 1997.
  • In the second half of 1940 - early 1950's. The rector's office, the admission committee and, possibly, part of the departments of the agricultural institute worked for a while in the house.