Kaniv

Shevchenko National Reserve

Description

  • Shevchenko National Reserve acts on the basis of the resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR №287 dated 21.11.1989 under the authority of the Ministry of Culture of Ukraine.
  • The reserve includes archeology, architecture, history, art and nature.

The Shevchenko National Reserve (the city of Kaniv, Cherkasy region) operates on the basis of the resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR No.287 dated 21.11.1989 based on the RNK of the Ukrainian SSR, created in 1925 by the Taras Shevchenko State Reserve, in order to preserve the grave of the poet and his environment. .

It unites the territory of historical and cultural destination and nature reserve fund with the total area of almost 40 hectares. It contains monuments of archeology, architecture, history, art and nature: Taras Shevchenko's Tomb with a monument on it (1939, sculptor M. Manizer, architect E. Levinson); Museum of T. Shevchenko (1939, architect V.Krichevsky, P.Kostiško); Tomb of I. Yadlovsky, long-time caretaker of the memorial; Multilayered settlement Pylypenkov mountain, Building of the Basilian School (1784); The building where the Jewish shopping mall store was located (1898), part of the tract "Kaniv Mountains" and others. objects and territories of special value.

The Shevchenko National Reserve (the city of Kaniv, Cherkasy region) operates on the basis of the resolution of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian SSR No.287 dated 21.11.1989 based on the RNK of the Ukrainian SSR, created in 1925 by the Taras Shevchenko State Reserve, in order to preserve the grave of the poet and his environment. .

It unites the territory of historical and cultural destination and nature reserve fund with the total area of almost 40 hectares. It contains monuments of archeology, architecture, history, art and nature: Taras Shevchenko's Tomb with a monument on it (1939, sculptor M. Manizer, architect E. Levinson); Museum of T. Shevchenko (1939, architect V.Krichevsky, P.Kostiško); Tomb of I. Yadlovsky, long-time caretaker of the memorial; Multilayered settlement Pylypenkov mountain, Building of the Basilian School (1784); The building where the Jewish shopping mall store was located (1898), part of the tract "Kaniv Mountains" and others. objects and territories of special value.

How to get there?

And also nearby

HISTORY

  • The newest history of Chernecha Mountain began on May 22, 1861, after the burial of Ukrainian poet and artist Taras Shevchenko.
  • A special role in the formation of the idea of independence played by the grave of Shevchenko during the years of national liberation events of 1917-1921. In the summer of 1918, by the decision of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian State, it was recognized as a national property and, together with the picturesque environment, was proposed to be declared a protected area.
  • In 2008, the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine included three Kaniv museums in the Reserve.
  • The museum collection has more than 80 thousand preservation units.

The latest page in the history of Chernecha Mountain began on May 22, 1861, when the Ukrainian land forever accepted the prophet of national revival, the brilliant poet and artist Taras Shevchenko. On that day his cherished will to find an eternal rest in Ukraine was fulfilled. Immediately renamed Tarasov mountain, this peak has become one of the national centers of unity of Ukrainians around the idea of the creation of the Ukrainian Associated State.

The idea of a nationally conscious Ukrainian intelligentsia, united by the Kiev Old Hromada in the 2 nd floor. XIX - beginning XX century. To unite around the Taras Shevchenko memorial all the sights of history, archeology and nature have finally ripened in the conditions of the Ukrainian People's Republic and were approved by the decision of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian State on June 10, 1918.

Thanks to the efforts of prominent public figures-statesmen Simon Petliura, writer Vasyl Korolyov-Old, philanthropist Eugene Chykalenko, teacher Volodymyr Naumenko, scholars Volodymyr Rysnichenko and Mykola Bilyashivsky, and the participation of many other virtuosites in 1917-1925, the conceptual foundations of the Shevchenko Reserve were formed. It is on their basis that the Council of People's Commissars of the Ukrainian SSR already on August 20, 1925, "declared the territory of the grave of Taras Shevchenko near the city of Kanev, with a total area of 4 dessiatins, for a state reserve". Since then, the Reserve has changed its name and subordination several times during its formation.

In 2008, the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine included three other Kaniv museums - the Historical Museum, the Literary Kanivshchyna and the Museum of Folk Decorative Art.

The museum collection has more than 80 thousand preservation units. The beginning of its formation is connected with the creation in 1884 of the first folk museum "Tarasova Svitlytsia". In the collection there are seven etards of Taras Shevchenko, his lifetime poetry, memorials related to the burial of the poet in St. Petersburg and reburial in Ukraine. The significant component of the museum collection is the works of contemporary artists Taras Shevchenko, illustrators of his literary heritage. Extremely valuable are things that capture the image of Tarasova Gora at various stages of Ukrainian history. A book collection is unique in its contents, which includes rare life-stories and subsequent editions of the literary and artistic heritage of the Ukrainian genius, its translations into the languages of the peoples of the world, and the Shevchenko studies carried out in Ukraine and abroad. The documents and materials from which the book of impressions of visitors to the memorial (from 1897) is of particular value are presented, with autographs by the figures of the national revival S. Petliura, E. Chykalenko, S. Yefremov, V. Vynnychenko, I. Lipy, the classics of literature and art. Musical instruments and personal belongings of kobzas and bandura players, whose fate is connected with the grave of Taras Shevchenko, works of painting and graphics of laureates of the Taras Shevchenko National Prize of Ukraine, are also presented. In addition to Shevchenko and Ukrainica there are works of art and books from many countries of the world, autographs of the Nobel Prize winners Svetlana Alexievich and Jean-Paul Sartre, Simone de Beauvoir, personal things by writer Jack London. Unique are ethnographic and archaeological collections, collection of icons.

In addition, the Preserve takes care of the monuments and objects associated with the name of the poet on the territory of Kanev and Kanivschyna - "The Last Way of the Kobzar", the burial of his bride Lykery Semusmak (1917), the monument of the garden art "Mikhailova Gora" (Prokhorivka village), the grave of the kobzar Alexei Chupryn (1993), translators from Great Britain, Vera River (2009), who were commanded to be buried near Tarasova Gora and others.

The latest page in the history of Chernecha Mountain began on May 22, 1861, when the Ukrainian land forever accepted the prophet of national revival, the brilliant poet and artist Taras Shevchenko. On that day his cherished will to find an eternal rest in Ukraine was fulfilled. Immediately renamed Tarasov mountain, this peak has become one of the national centers of unity of Ukrainians around the idea of the creation of the Ukrainian Associated State.

The idea of a nationally conscious Ukrainian intelligentsia, united by the Kiev Old Hromada in the 2 nd floor. XIX - beginning XX century. To unite around the Taras Shevchenko memorial all the sights of history, archeology and nature have finally ripened in the conditions of the Ukrainian People's Republic and were approved by the decision of the Council of Ministers of the Ukrainian State on June 10, 1918.

Thanks to the efforts of prominent public figures-statesmen Simon Petliura, writer Vasyl Korolyov-Old, philanthropist Eugene Chykalenko, teacher Volodymyr Naumenko, scholars Volodymyr Rysnichenko and Mykola Bilyashivsky, and the participation of many other virtuosites in 1917-1925, the conceptual foundations of the Shevchenko Reserve were formed. It is on their basis that the Council of People's Commissars of the Ukrainian SSR already on August 20, 1925, "declared the territory of the grave of Taras Shevchenko near the city of Kanev, with a total area of 4 dessiatins, for a state reserve". Since then, the Reserve has changed its name and subordination several times during its formation.

In 2008, the order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine included three other Kaniv museums - the Historical Museum, the Literary Kanivshchyna and the Museum of Folk Decorative Art.

The museum collection has more than 80 thousand preservation units. The beginning of its formation is connected with the creation in 1884 of the first folk museum "Tarasova Svitlytsia". In the collection there are seven etards of Taras Shevchenko, his lifetime poetry, memorials related to the burial of the poet in St. Petersburg and reburial in Ukraine. The significant component of the museum collection is the works of contemporary artists Taras Shevchenko, illustrators of his literary heritage. Extremely valuable are things that capture the image of Tarasova Gora at various stages of Ukrainian history. A book collection is unique in its contents, which includes rare life-stories and subsequent editions of the literary and artistic heritage of the Ukrainian genius, its translations into the languages of the peoples of the world, and the Shevchenko studies carried out in Ukraine and abroad. The documents and materials from which the book of impressions of visitors to the memorial (from 1897) is of particular value are presented, with autographs by the figures of the national revival S. Petliura, E. Chykalenko, S. Yefremov, V. Vynnychenko, I. Lipy, the classics of literature and art. Musical instruments and personal belongings of kobzas and bandura players, whose fate is connected with the grave of Taras Shevchenko, works of painting and graphics of laureates of the Taras Shevchenko National Prize of Ukraine, are also presented. In addition to Shevchenko and Ukrainica there are works of art and books from many countries of the world, autographs of the Nobel Prize winners Svetlana Alexievich and Jean-Paul Sartre, Simone de Beauvoir, personal things by writer Jack London. Unique are ethnographic and archaeological collections, collection of icons.

In addition, the Preserve takes care of the monuments and objects associated with the name of the poet on the territory of Kanev and Kanivschyna - "The Last Way of the Kobzar", the burial of his bride Lykery Semusmak (1917), the monument of the garden art "Mikhailova Gora" (Prokhorivka village), the grave of the kobzar Alexei Chupryn (1993), translators from Great Britain, Vera River (2009), who were commanded to be buried near Tarasova Gora and others.

INTERESTING FACTS

  • This is the first historic and cultural reserve created in the republic in 1925 and the first humanitarian institution, granted the status of a national one (1989).
  • Originally the reserve was declared territory of 4 hectares, and today it has been increased to almost 40 hectares (protected landscape area 1725 hectares).
  • Since 1989, it has been on the UNESCO list (mixed nomination: cultural and natural heritage).
  • It hosts more than 100,000 visitors from dozens of countries each year.
  • This is the first historic and cultural reserve created in the republic in 1925 and the first humanitarian institution, granted the status of a national one (1989).
  • Originally the reserve was declared territory of 4 hectares, and today it has been increased to almost 40 hectares (protected landscape area 1725 hectares).
  • Since 1989, it has been on the UNESCO list (mixed nomination: cultural and natural heritage).
  • It hosts more than 100,000 visitors from dozens of countries each year.