Kharkiv

William Milford Pharmacy

Description

This house is a pharmacy with more than a hundred years of history: it was opened in 1902 by the pharmacist Wilhelm Franzevich Milfort.

This house is a pharmacy with more than a hundred years of history: it was opened in 1902 by the pharmacist Wilhelm Franzevich Milfort.

How to get there?

The house on the corner of Liberty Street Alchevskys and is close to the metro "University", "Pushkinskaya" and "Architect Beketov".

And also nearby

HISTORY

  • Pharmaceutical business in Kharkov Germans started
  • Wilhelm Milfort was from a family of pharmacists, his older brother Carl ran one of the Kharkov pharmacies in 1880-1886 gg.
  • After World War II she got №48, which is until now.
  • In 1920 the pharmacy was nationalized

Pharmaceutical business in Kharkov Germans started: the first in the city of his freedom, that is private, the pharmacy opened in 1810 George (Egor Ivanovich) Wenzel, owners of these were Germans: Fidler, Neldihen, Sartison and Freyndling. In 1870, private pharmacies in Kharkov was six, and by 1902 - about two dozen.

Wilhelm Milfort was from a family of pharmacists, his older brother Carl ran one of the Kharkov pharmacies in 1880-1886 gg. Wilhelm himself received his pharmacist in 1881, in 1892 and became manager of one of the local pharmacies. Then for a while he worked out Kharkov.
Two-storey house on the corner of Veterinary and Diocesan streets (as in the early twentieth century were called streets Ivanova and Alchevsk) was built in 1893 and belonged to a Swedish - merchant Gustav Andreyevich Pilstrem, and then his wife Nadezhda Leonidovna.

Pharmaceutical business in Kharkov Germans started: the first in the city of his freedom, that is private, the pharmacy opened in 1810 George (Egor Ivanovich) Wenzel, owners of these were Germans: Fidler, Neldihen, Sartison and Freyndling. In 1870, private pharmacies in Kharkov was six, and by 1902 - about two dozen.

Wilhelm Milfort was from a family of pharmacists, his older brother Carl ran one of the Kharkov pharmacies in 1880-1886 gg. Wilhelm himself received his pharmacist in 1881, in 1892 and became manager of one of the local pharmacies. Then for a while he worked out Kharkov.
Two-storey house on the corner of Veterinary and Diocesan streets (as in the early twentieth century were called streets Ivanova and Alchevsk) was built in 1893 and belonged to a Swedish - merchant Gustav Andreyevich Pilstrem, and then his wife Nadezhda Leonidovna.