Ternopil

Ternopol Academic Regional Ukrainian Drama Theater. Taras Shevchenko

Description

The theater was built in 1957 according to the project of architects Mikhailenko, Novikov and Chernovol, it forms a single architectural ensemble together with the adjacent square. Architects chose the Empire style, which was popular in the mid-twentieth century. The theater includes large and small stages, fake, hairdressing, sewing, dressing and props workshops, recording studio.

The theater was built in 1957 according to the project of architects Mikhailenko, Novikov and Chernovol, it forms a single architectural ensemble together with the adjacent square. Architects chose the Empire style, which was popular in the mid-twentieth century. The theater includes large and small stages, fake, hairdressing, sewing, dressing and props workshops, recording studio.

How to get there?

And also nearby

HISTORY

The Ternopil Theater as such was born at the end of the 19th century, when Maria Zankovetskaya, Marko Kropyvnytsky, Nikolai Sadovsky came to the city to perform.

In 1915, Les Kurbas organized here the first stationary theater “Ternopil Theater Evenings”.

In the post-war times, the work of the luminaries theater continued in this city. The Ternopil Theater Troupe was formed in 1948 from two: the West Ukrainian troupe named after Ivan Frank and the East Ukrainian troupe named Shevchenko, who moved to Ternopol from the Sumy region.
In 1957, the troupe moved to the new large building of the Ternopol Regional Ukrainian Drama Theater. Taras Shevchenko.
In 2000, the theater was awarded the title of academic. Now 140 people work here: 50 drama actors, 18 artists of the orchestra, 12 people of art and management staff and a workshop.

In 1915, Les Kurbas organized here the first stationary theater “Ternopil Theater Evenings”.

In the post-war times, the work of the luminaries theater continued in this city. The Ternopil Theater Troupe was formed in 1948 from two: the West Ukrainian troupe named after Ivan Frank and the East Ukrainian troupe named Shevchenko, who moved to Ternopol from the Sumy region.
In 1957, the troupe moved to the new large building of the Ternopol Regional Ukrainian Drama Theater. Taras Shevchenko.
In 2000, the theater was awarded the title of academic. Now 140 people work here: 50 drama actors, 18 artists of the orchestra, 12 people of art and management staff and a workshop.