Ternopil

Theatre square

Description

  • The area is equipped in front of the Ternopil Drama Theater named after Taras Shevchenko

The area is equipped in front of the Ternopil Drama Theater named after Taras Shevchenko, from the central street Ruska it is separated by a square with fountains and park sculptures. The area is paved with paving stones and equipped for recreation, therefore, city life is always in full swing here and the main cultural events of the city are held.

The area is equipped in front of the Ternopil Drama Theater named after Taras Shevchenko, from the central street Ruska it is separated by a square with fountains and park sculptures. The area is paved with paving stones and equipped for recreation, therefore, city life is always in full swing here and the main cultural events of the city are held.

How to get there?

And also nearby

HISTORY

  • During the time of Austria-Hungary, the current theater square was part of Panska Street.
  • On April 29, 1990, at the Theater Square, the Ukrainian national flag was first consecrated.

During the time of Austria-Hungary, the current theater square was part of Panska Street, later two monuments to Adam Mickiewicz and a square named after him appeared on this territory. In pre-war times, the square was much narrower than the current one.

In 1957, after the construction of the Drama Theater, the adjacent territory was significantly expanded, ennobled and officially opened the theater square.

In 1960, a Christmas tree was first installed on the square, and since then it has become an annual event.

On April 29, 1990, at the Theater Square, the Ukrainian national flag was first consecrated.

During the time of Austria-Hungary, the current theater square was part of Panska Street, later two monuments to Adam Mickiewicz and a square named after him appeared on this territory. In pre-war times, the square was much narrower than the current one.

In 1957, after the construction of the Drama Theater, the adjacent territory was significantly expanded, ennobled and officially opened the theater square.

In 1960, a Christmas tree was first installed on the square, and since then it has become an annual event.

On April 29, 1990, at the Theater Square, the Ukrainian national flag was first consecrated.