Dnipro

Building on Voskresenskaya street, 8

Description

  • The history of this manor to the limit of 1900 - 1910's.
  • It remains unset.In the second half of the 1900's. The manor in the street flowing (Club), 5 belonged to the merchant Lashchaveru.
  • Approximately the building was completed in late 1910.

The history of this estate to the limit of 1900 - 1910's remains unstoppable.

In the second half of the 1900's, the mansion on the street Protovny (Club), 5 belonged to the merchant Laschaveru. Around 1909, the mansion was purchased by a merchant MM Koretsky It was during his possession of the estate that a new, profitable building was erected on it.Approximately the building was completed in the end of 1910, but individual work was delayed until the beginning of 1911. Only in March 1911, MM Koretsky transferred his "Bohemian Shop" to the new building.

A profitable four-storey house with an elegant mansard floor is one of the best in the city for stylized specimens for the German Renaissance. The use of characteristic decorative elements allows us to attribute the authorship of the house to the architect D.K. Thyssen, although there is no documentary evidence of this.

The history of this estate to the limit of 1900 - 1910's remains unstoppable.

In the second half of the 1900's, the mansion on the street Protovny (Club), 5 belonged to the merchant Laschaveru. Around 1909, the mansion was purchased by a merchant MM Koretsky It was during his possession of the estate that a new, profitable building was erected on it.Approximately the building was completed in the end of 1910, but individual work was delayed until the beginning of 1911. Only in March 1911, MM Koretsky transferred his "Bohemian Shop" to the new building.

A profitable four-storey house with an elegant mansard floor is one of the best in the city for stylized specimens for the German Renaissance. The use of characteristic decorative elements allows us to attribute the authorship of the house to the architect D.K. Thyssen, although there is no documentary evidence of this.

How to get there?

And also nearby

  • Mansion of Thyssen

    In the 1910's, the building occupied a prominent place among the city's office buildings. Almost immediately after the erection it hosted, created in 1906, the 1st Katerynoslav Society of Mutual Credit. For a long time here worked: representation of the World Electric Company, technical office Ya.I. Berman, representative office of the "Explorer" company.Instead, information about tenants is practically absent.

    In the beginning of 1913 the house was transferred to Yevsey Henkin's property.

    In the 1920's and 1930's, the house continues to be used as an office. In the early 1920's there were representative offices of Elektrotrust and Ukrtekstiltrest. In the middle of the 1920's, the "House of Education" was housed for a while. In the second half of the 1920's and 1930's, the local "Ukrautropomtorg" office and the first intercity bus with flights to Novomoskovsk, Pavlograd and Zaporizhzhia operated here.

    In 1943 the building was destroyed. The project for the restoration of the building was developed in 1948 by the architect MB Shneerson for the administrative-residential building of the Design Institute of the Diopromis. Restoration work was completed in 1949. During the restoration, they refused to rebuild the attic floor, although, in general, the main facade was preserved.

    In the 1950s - 1960s, the regional library collector worked at the house.Subsequently, his premises were occupied by the local control of Intourist.

INTERESTING FACTS

  • In the early 1920's. Representatives of Elektrotrest and Ukrtekstiltrest work here.
  • During the restoration, the restoration of the attic floor was refused, although, in general, the main façade was preserved.
  • In the 1950's and 1960's. The regional library collector worked in the house.
  • In podalshomu yogo prisischennya buli zanyaty missevoyu control "Intourist".
  • In the early 1920's. Representatives of Elektrotrest and Ukrtekstiltrest work here.
  • During the restoration, the restoration of the attic floor was refused, although, in general, the main façade was preserved.
  • In the 1950's and 1960's. The regional library collector worked in the house.
  • In podalshomu yogo prisischennya buli zanyaty missevoyu control "Intourist".