Kropyvnitsky

Corps of the former Junker Cavalry School

Description

  • The architectural solution of the "Educational building" and other buildings of the military camp is a style of late classicism.

The complex is formed around the parade ground, where the drill, training and military parades were held. Barracks, stables, headquarters and educational buildings were built near the palace. In one of the buildings was a church.

The complex is formed around the parade ground, where the drill, training and military parades were held. Barracks, stables, headquarters and educational buildings were built near the palace. In one of the buildings was a church.

How to get there?

It is located close to the Kovalivsky Park and the Kirovograd Regional Philharmonic. The nearest public transport stop is Park Kovalivsky. The following stops here: trolley bus № 1, buses № 103, № 111, № 111А, № 111Б № 118 № 123, shuttle buses № 3, № 11 (only in the direction of the railway station), № 15, № 17, № 21 (only in direction of Novomykolaivka), № 104, № 108, № 112, № 115, № 155, № 283, № 500.

And also nearby

HISTORY

In the 30s of the XIX century. Elisavetgrad became the center of military settlements in the south of the Russian Empire. The headquarters of the Reserve Cavalry Corps was located in the city. Meetings, surveys and other military activities were constantly held with the participation of the highest royal dignitaries and the king himself.

In 1845, the city council adopted another plan for the development of Elizavetgrad. According to this plan, between the town and the suburb of Kovalivka was planned the construction of a military camp and the creation of a cavalry school.

Present in the military maneuvers of 1847, Tsar Nicholas I personally made the bookmark of this magnificent architectural ensemble.
Construction began in the spring of 1848. The author of the project was the famous Dutch architect Wilhelm Verlon. Andrey Dostoyevsky, who was a city architect at the time, also took part in the design.
The creation of the architectural ensemble ended with the erection in the 1850s of the Church of the Intercession, located on the west side of the square.
At the end of 1917, the Elisavetgrad Cavalry College was disbanded.
Later, the school housed the 5th Budyonny Ukrainian Cavalry School (1920-1930), as well as the Zinovsky Cavalry College.

In 1845, the city council adopted another plan for the development of Elizavetgrad. According to this plan, between the town and the suburb of Kovalivka was planned the construction of a military camp and the creation of a cavalry school.

Present in the military maneuvers of 1847, Tsar Nicholas I personally made the bookmark of this magnificent architectural ensemble.
Construction began in the spring of 1848. The author of the project was the famous Dutch architect Wilhelm Verlon. Andrey Dostoyevsky, who was a city architect at the time, also took part in the design.
The creation of the architectural ensemble ended with the erection in the 1850s of the Church of the Intercession, located on the west side of the square.
At the end of 1917, the Elisavetgrad Cavalry College was disbanded.
Later, the school housed the 5th Budyonny Ukrainian Cavalry School (1920-1930), as well as the Zinovsky Cavalry College.

INTERESTING FACTS

  • Before the 1917 revolution, the school was the largest educational institution in the city.
  • The current soldiers played a very important role in the defense of Ukraine in the beginning of modern Russian aggression and the war against Ukraine. On the territory of the military unit is a museum of the 3rd separate regiment of special purpose - "Cyborgs" (defenders of the Donetsk airport)
  • Before the 1917 revolution, the school was the largest educational institution in the city.
  • The current soldiers played a very important role in the defense of Ukraine in the beginning of modern Russian aggression and the war against Ukraine. On the territory of the military unit is a museum of the 3rd separate regiment of special purpose - "Cyborgs" (defenders of the Donetsk airport)