Kropyvnitsky

Former Zemsky pharmacy

Description

  • The building was erected in the nineteenth century, the author of the project is unknown.

The building was designed in transitional styles of late eclecticism and early modernism, and its third mansard floor was completed only in 2009. The owner of the building was Edward Bostrom - a provincial secretary, a Swedish nobleman. This his house until 1917 was rented under Zemsky pharmacy.

The building was designed in transitional styles of late eclecticism and early modernism, and its third mansard floor was completed only in 2009. The owner of the building was Edward Bostrom - a provincial secretary, a Swedish nobleman. This his house until 1917 was rented under Zemsky pharmacy.

How to get there?

This building is located on Dvortsova Street in the central part of the city. The nearest public transport stop is the Star Theater Cinema. At this stop urban communal routes, namely trolleybus route № 4, № 10, 10A, bus routes № 116 and № 130, stop at this stop. No 27, No 55, No 77, No 104, No 108, No 113, No 115.

And also nearby

HISTORY

The exact date of the Zemsky pharmacy is unknown, but it is first mentioned in archival documents in 1889. With the permission of the Provincial Department of Medicine, this building was rented from Bostrem district pharmacy - a pharmacy for ordinary locals.

So the building with all its services and its adjacent premises, including the former Bieger Bakery, was leased until 1917. Ignatius Ignatievsky, a Ukrainian pharmacist, was appointed to manage the pharmacy and its staff. In Soviet times, the home of the former Zemsky Pharmacy was a fashion studio "Lux".

So the building with all its services and its adjacent premises, including the former Bieger Bakery, was leased until 1917. Ignatius Ignatievsky, a Ukrainian pharmacist, was appointed to manage the pharmacy and its staff. In Soviet times, the home of the former Zemsky Pharmacy was a fashion studio "Lux".