Kropyvnitsky

Building of the Land Management Commission

Description

  • It is the first and therefore the oldest building on Dvortsova Street, erected at the end of the first half of the twentieth century. The house belonged to Kirill Sokolov-Borodkin, the leader of the county nobility, the provincial governor, magistrate, the founder of the Zemsky real school.

The architectural style adhered to during the creation of the building is a late classicism, it is especially pronounced on the facade of the building.

During its existence, the building of the land management commission changed its original appearance. It is now comprised of three two-storey, single-block volumes, built over a different period. In 2014, it was renovated to give it the closest possible look to the original.

The architectural style adhered to during the creation of the building is a late classicism, it is especially pronounced on the facade of the building.

During its existence, the building of the land management commission changed its original appearance. It is now comprised of three two-storey, single-block volumes, built over a different period. In 2014, it was renovated to give it the closest possible look to the original.

How to get there?

Nearest bus stop "Pedu University" on the street. Shevchenko. City buses stop at this stop, namely # 103, # 111A, # 123. From the taxis at this stop stop # 3, # 17, # 104, # 108, # 111, # 112, # 115. # 21 ( only in the direction of Novomykolaivka).

And also nearby

HISTORY

  • Years of creation of the building, according to the materials of the inventory, - 1840-1850.
  • From 1870 to 1873 there was a newly created educational institution in this house - the Zemsky real school, which was attended by Kirill Sokolov-Borodkin.

Since 1913, the building changed its original purpose and became administrative, the premises of the building were leased to the County Land Management Commission. The 14-room apartment on the second floor of Sokolov-Borodkina was rented.

After 1920, the building was leased to the District Department of the Interior, which operated here until 2004.
From 2004 to 2014, the house was restored and is now used as the administrative building of the Main Territorial Administration of Justice in the Kirovograd region.

Since 1913, the building changed its original purpose and became administrative, the premises of the building were leased to the County Land Management Commission. The 14-room apartment on the second floor of Sokolov-Borodkina was rented.

After 1920, the building was leased to the District Department of the Interior, which operated here until 2004.
From 2004 to 2014, the house was restored and is now used as the administrative building of the Main Territorial Administration of Justice in the Kirovograd region.

INTERESTING FACTS

  • The author of the project has not been precisely installed. Most likely, the architect was architect Wilhelm Verlon, who was actively working at this time in Elisavetgrad. But some researchers say that the author of the project could have been the city architect Andrei Dostoevsky, the brother of the famous Russian writer Fyodor Dostoevsky.
  • The author of the project has not been precisely installed. Most likely, the architect was architect Wilhelm Verlon, who was actively working at this time in Elisavetgrad. But some researchers say that the author of the project could have been the city architect Andrei Dostoevsky, the brother of the famous Russian writer Fyodor Dostoevsky.