Kropyvnitsky

Former theater "Tale"

Description

The former Tale Theater was built in the late nineteenth century in the Art Nouveau style, which then became popular. The architect of the project was not installed exactly.

On the main facade of the building there are elements from stucco decoration in the form of cupids and angels holding stucco garlands. And the roof of the building is decorated with attic - a decorative wall is located above the cornice and completes the construction, also with elements of stucco decoration. Attic was first used in ancient Roman triumphal arches.

On the main facade of the building there are elements from stucco decoration in the form of cupids and angels holding stucco garlands. And the roof of the building is decorated with attic - a decorative wall is located above the cornice and completes the construction, also with elements of stucco decoration. Attic was first used in ancient Roman triumphal arches.

How to get there?

Nearest bus stop "Pedu University" on the street. Shevchenko. City buses stop at this stop, namely # 103, # 111A, # 123. From the taxis at this stop stop # 3, # 17, # 104, # 108, # 111, # 112, # 115. # 21 ( only in the direction of Novomykolaivka)

And also nearby

HISTORY

  • The building was erected, approximately, in 1890-1900 by the personal means of Grigory Volokhin, builder, member of the building committee, the last mayor of the city of Yelisavetgrad (from 1912 to 1917).

In 1913, the building housed the Tale Theater. Later, a music school operated on the second floor of the building, and a cinema on the ground floor.

In 1913, the building housed the Tale Theater. Later, a music school operated on the second floor of the building, and a cinema on the ground floor.